The RADECS2019 conference features a full-day short course, a technical program including oral and poster presentations, a radiation effects data workshop and an industrial exhibit.
The technical program will be held from September 17th to September 20th.
The RADECS 2019 Conference is soliciting papers describing significant new findings or developments in the following areas:
- RADIATION EFFECTS
- Basic Mechanisms of Radiation Effects
Ionizing dose – Non ionizing dose/Displacement damage – Effects on materials & advanced device structures – Radiation transport, energy deposition and dosimetry – Cryogenic or high temperature effects.
- Radiation Effects on Devices & ICs
Ionizing dose – Non ionizing dose/Displacement damage – Synergy with Single Event Effects – Modelling and characterization of devices, circuits and systems responses.
- Single Event Effects: Mechanisms & Modelling
Single-Event charge collection phenomena and mechanisms – Modelling at device, circuit or system level.
- Single Event Effects: Devices & ICs
Single-Event Effects specific modelling and characterization of devices, circuits and systems – Rate prediction.
- Photonics, Optoelectronics & Sensors
Optoelectronic and optical materials, devices and systems – Sensors – MEMs.
- HARDENING & HARDNESS ASSURANCE
- Hardening Techniques
Methods for hardened design and/or manufacturing at component, circuit and system level.
- Radiation Hardness Assurance
New testing techniques – Hardness assurance methodology – Low cost RHA – COTS qualification – Field return.
- RADIATION ENVIRONMENTS AND FACILITIES
- Radiation Environments
Space environments and weather – Atmospheric and ground-level environments – Accelerator, medical and nuclear environments – Characterization and modelling – In-flight experiments.
- Facilities and Dosimetry
Radiation exposure facilities – Instrumentation methods – Dosimetry.
- RADIATION EFFECTS DATA WORKSHOP
- Evaluation/qualification data with complete identification of tested devices.
- Submission deadline: April 15th, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: June 17th, 2019
- Final paper due: September 13th, 2019
Paper submission instructions
- Prepare a single PDF file of an informative two to four pages summary describing results appropriate for 12-minute oral or a poster presentation. The summary must include a 35-words abstract and sufficient detail about the work to permit a meaningful technical review. The summary must be no less than two and no more than four pages in length, including figures, tables and references.
- Prepare your summary using the two-column format of the IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science template.
- Obtain all corporate, sponsor, and government approvals and releases necessary for presenting your paper at an open attendance international meeting.
- Summary submission is electronic only through the RADOCS online tool before April 15th, 2019, midnight (Paris time). Authors are prompted to state their preference for presentation (oral, poster, or data workshop poster) and for session. The final category of all papers will be determined by the Technical Program Committee, which is responsible for selecting accepted papers from initial submissions.
Accepted papers will be published in the RADECS2019 Conference Proceedings.
Papers accepted for oral or poster presentation at the technical program will also be eligible for publication in a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science. Selection for this issue will be based on a separate submission of a complete paper that will be subject to the standard full peer review.